Promises are very important to me. Normally I wake up every morning and instead of goals for the day, I make a list of promises. There's power in that. You make a commitment to yourself. It's the difference between "I want to" and "I must."
As I was looking at my promises for today, I came to the conclusion that they were small and insignificant in my life. The "pay bills," "work on my business plan" stuff is nothing. So I sat down and wrote another set.
To my family:
- to thank you for helping me be the person I am today.
- to return the love and support you have given me.
- to forgive the things that hurt me.
- to recognize the wonderful things about you I see in me.
- to hug you often.
- to make you proud.
- to make you an important part of my life.
To my friends:
- to not lose touch.
- to appreciate the time we share together.
- to make time for you.
- to be there when you need me.
- to not be there when you don't.
- to make you laugh when you need it most.
- to be your shoulder when you need it most.
- to be the one you can always count on.
- to not judge you for being who you are.
To my future Love:
- to hold your hand.
- to always kiss you goodnight.
- to always kiss you goodbye.
- to make you feel loved.
- to forgive you when you hurt me.
- to apologize when I hurt you.
- to cherish the moments we share.
- to Love you completely, without compromise.
- to remind you how important you are to me.
To my future children:
- to help you experience new things.
- to play when possible.
- to support and encourage your dreams.
- to say yes when needed.
- to say no when needed.
- to help you love to learn.
- to look through your eyes in wonder.
- to tuck you in at night.
- to listen to what you have to say.
- to teach you to give.
- to be a role model.
- to laugh often.
- to make every day more exceptional than the last.
- to Love as if I've never been hurt before.
- to leave the world better than I found it.
- to make a difference.
- to question.
- to learn something about everything.
- to learn everything about something.
- to learn something new each day.
- to live with passion.
- to cherish those who matter most.
- to remember the things that matter.
- to forget things that don't.
- to Love unconditionally.
- to forgive constantly.
- to keep my promises.